Richard Buttrey

Default Isolating Email addresses

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:33:45 -0500, H00tenanny
wrote:

I've got a list in excel that has email addresses, but each cell also
has other information. There are thousands, and I don't want to edit
each cell. Is there a formula that recognizes the address only
/net, etc., or am I stuck editing each one out?

Thanks for your time.

Do the email addresses in the text string have a space at the
beginning and end of the address? If so it would be fairly trivial
matter to edit them out using a VBA macro.

If there was any unique character at the beginning and end of the
address then a combination of two or three text slicing functions
could achieve the same thing.

If either of these apply, please say and no doubt a solution can be
provided.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey