Jezebel

Default Isolating Email addresses

There's no formula that recognises addresses as such, but there are
techiques you can use depending on what the 'other information' is that your
cells contain. If they are all like /net, use Data Text to
Columns and specify / as the delimiter: you'll end up with the email address
in column 1 and the 'net' bit in column 2.

Another approach is to use the Find() worksheet function to locate the
character that separates the address from the rest, then use Left(), mid()
or Right() to extract the part you want.

"H00tenanny" wrote
in message ...

I've got a list in excel that has email addresses, but each cell also
has other information. There are thousands, and I don't want to edit
each cell. Is there a formula that recognizes the address only
/net, etc., or am I stuck editing each one out?

Thanks for your time.

--
H00tenanny
H00tenanny's Profile: