Anne-Marie

Default How do I find the total number of the same number/letter in a

Me again! Assume this is a section of the spreadsheet. Now in each row, I
want to
2 4a 2 4a 1 3a 2 5c 1
1 4a 2 4a 1 4c 1 3a 2
3 4c 2 3b 2 3a 2 3a know how many grades are above 4a for each child but I
do not want to include numbers without letters because they are effort grades
not attainment grades. Is there any way to do that?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=COUNTIF(2:2,1)

=COUNTIF(2:2,"A")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anne-Marie" wrote in message
I am not trying to find the sum of numbers but want to evaluate how many
number 1s, 2s etc that I have without having to count manually. Also would
like to do the same with letters. Any suggestions would be much

appreciated.