Default Mailing List In Excel

I have a customer that wants compile his own mailing list. Since he has
excel and my mailing software imports excel files, it seems like I
should have him put his list together in excel.

Is the best way to to this to designate column A as say business name,
column B as first name, column C as last name, column D as address and
so on and so forth. All columns would be kept consistant with their
designations and each number line would be a seperate address. Would
this be the proper way to have him set up his mailing list????

Please help!

Thanks,
Todd