Thomas

Default How to insert a value in one cell into many cells

Dear Rowan,

Do you have any references (book, etc) for me to learn this kind of stuff

Cheers

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

Hi Thomas

All my cells are formatted as General and it works for me with 125000000
in A1.

Try inserting a new sheet, type 125000000 in A1, in B1 enter:
=IF(ISERROR(MID($A$1,COLUMN()-1+LEN($A$1)-9,1)),"",MID($A$1,COLUMN()-1+LEN($A$1)-9,1))
Then copy B1 across to J1.
Works for me.

Regards
Rowan

Thomas wrote:
Rowan,

The A1 cell's value is 125000000, I tried with the suggested number and
still not showing any changes at all. Does the format of the cell must also
be set into specific format such as number, text, general , etc as to make
the formula work ?

Thanks

Thomas

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

Hi Thomas

What is the value of cell A1? Try entering 123456789 in A1 to see the
result.

Regards
Rowan

Thomas wrote:

Dear Rowan,
I wrote the formula below as instructed but it does nothing, it just give a
blank cell with no values at all.

"Rowan Drummond" wrote:

One way:

In B1 enter:
=IF(ISERROR(MID($A$1,COLUMN()-1+LEN($A$1)-9,1)),"",MID($A$1,COLUMN()-1+LEN($A$1)-9,1))
and copy across to J1.

Hope this helps
Rowan

Thomas wrote:

I am currently creating a formula/function to insert a value in once cell
into many cells using excel 2003 , for example: cell A1 has a value 100 000
000, and the value is going to be inserted, into
B1,C1,D1,E1,F1,G1,H1,I1,J1.Each cell will only have one digit only
so B1 will have 1, C1 will have 0, D1 will have 0 and for the rest of the
cell will have the same thing instead of whole value.I tried this thing with
the MID function and it works as long as the source value cell is 9
digits(filling the cell from the B1toJ1), it became my concern when I changed
those value less then 9 digits,say 8 or 5 digits where the cell will receive
the value are B1 to F1 if 5 digits or B1 to I1 if 8 digits, the rest of the
cells are blank.
Are there any possibilities, solutions if the inserted value can be started

from C1 to J1 for 8 digits or F1 to J1 for 5 digits etc (less than 9 digits)

instead of B1 to I1 (8 digits) or B1 to F1 for 5 digits?
It would be great help and apprecition for any solution from you
thanks
Thomas