Mary

Default extracting numbers from alphanumeric cells

JE,
This is so cool too! Both methods worked exactly like I need them too! I
appreciate the three responses I received sooooo much! Saved me a lot of
time too!
Thank you!
Mary

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way (assuming that the format is consistent):

=DATEVALUE(MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)-2,10))

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

I have cells with alphanumeric data, including spaces, e.g, "Accepted by
William A Bell at 4/11/2005 6:40:34 PM" which I need just the month, day, and
year information extracted.

I have found some information related to extracting numeric data but it does
cover the "spaces" issue.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Can it be accomplished?
Appreciate any assistance and expertise you can offer.