Stephanie D

Default How do you count cells with background color yellow?

Thanks Alan. This is exactly what I need. VBA coding is not my specialty,
but I will try it. sd

"Alan" wrote:

There is no built in function to count colours of cells, no formula will do
it. It can be done though using code, have a look at this on Chip Pearsons
site,
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
Regards,
Alan,
"Stephanie D" <Stephanie wrote in message
Can anyone tell me a formula that will count the number of yellow cells in
range.
I used =countif(AV2:HM2,"interior.colorindex = 36"). I don't get a error
message. I get "2", when it shoudl be 3 -- no matter how many yellow cells
there are, I always get "2". What am I doing wrong? sd