Alan

Default How do you count cells with background color yellow?

There is no built in function to count colours of cells, no formula will do
it. It can be done though using code, have a look at this on Chip Pearsons
site,
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
Regards,
Alan,
"Stephanie D" <Stephanie wrote in message
Can anyone tell me a formula that will count the number of yellow cells in
range.
I used =countif(AV2:HM2,"interior.colorindex = 36"). I don't get a error
message. I get "2", when it shoudl be 3 -- no matter how many yellow cells
there are, I always get "2". What am I doing wrong? sd