Peo Sjoblom

Default extracting numbers from alphanumeric cells

If there are no forward slashes except for the in the date you can use

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)-2,10))

which will return a text date, if you need a numeric date to make
calculations with use

=--TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)-2,10))

and format as date

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mary" wrote in message
I have cells with alphanumeric data, including spaces, e.g, "Accepted by
William A Bell at 4/11/2005 6:40:34 PM" which I need just the month, day,

and
year information extracted.

I have found some information related to extracting numeric data but it

does
cover the "spaces" issue.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Can it be accomplished?
Appreciate any assistance and expertise you can offer.