skateblade

Thanks again, The M9 cell Contains this formula: =SUM(I13:L13) and there are
nothing in the I9:L9 rage of cells and when I try your formula it returns
37.5. Ineed the cell to be blank if if the answer to the formula is 37.5

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Where are the numbers entered, the only thing that changes in this formula
when copied down is the cell reference and if M8 is blank then my formula
returns a blank, thus copied down it will change to M9, M910 and so on like
=IF(M9="","",MAX(0,37.5-M9) so it should work

How exactly does the formula look that you copy down, of course if it is not
blank it will return the MAX part, blank means empty and not space or
something

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
Thanks, but it didn't work . Again, when we copy the cell down the sheet
if
the
others cells are blank, then the 37.5 apears until numbers are entered.
Can
the formula be "hidden" so cell is blank?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(M8="","",MAX(0,37.5-M8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"skateblade" wrote in message
We are doing a time card and have this formula: =MAX(0,37.5-M8) when we
insert the formula in the cell and theres no hours for that pay period
it
shows 37.5 how can we hide the formula so the cell is blank.