haranadh

"Randy Harris" wrote:

My ignorance of pivot tables is causing me grief, I'd appreciate some help.
At least I think I should be using a pivot table.

On a worksheet I have a number of rows with 3 columns (Date, Name and
Activity). I'd like to present that data in a pivot table with Name as the
Row Heading, Date for the Column heading and Activity as the data. The
wizard will only let me put a "Count of Activity" or "Sum of Activity" in
the data field. How do I get it to just put the Activity code there, not a
count or sum or any other aggregate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

the solutiion for ur problem will be
after creating the pivot table go to the pivot table wizard
go to layout
double click on the tab in data field " sum or count of activity" in ur case
u get a pop up box saying pivot table field which contains a name field
where u can give any name u want.

i hope that solves ur problem