gls858

Jaime wrote:
From what I read, it pretty much said that the computer can't fix it. I did
change my spreadsheet to precision as displayed, though, so that will at
least help when I add everything up. As far as using the ROUND function, I
don't think that will help, because I'm just using two decimals and it
automatically does that, right?

"JMB" wrote:

Look in help for the ROUND function

Also see link for discussion of rounding issues

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm

"Jaime" wrote:

I am figuring my payroll on an Excel spreadsheet. When I enter the formulas,
the values are sometimes off by a penny. On my calculator, I have it set to
5/4. How do I get my formulas to come out the same as the calculator?

It "displays" 2 digits. The underlying value may be more. So when you
perform calculations it uses the underlying value then rounds to display 2
digits. You need to round the values first, as suggested, then perform the
calculation.

gls858