Bob Phillips

Eric,

I don't this for a fact, but playing with it suggests that the formatting is
not using colours from the colour palette, but is simply using RGB values ,
red =&HFF0000, green = &H00FF00, and blue = &H0000FF. I change the colour of
the bright green on the palette to the &H008000 of the good green, and it
made no difference to the format.

--

HTH

RP

"ericx" wrote in message

This one has perplexed me for years...

If I do "Format/Cells...", "Number" tab, and type in a new number
format like this...

[Green]$ #,##0.00_-;[Red]-$ #,##0.00_-

and look at the output for positive numbers, the green colour presented
is the 4th one down from the top of the color grid (a bright green,
almost neon color) instead of the green that is the 2nd one down from
the top (a real dark green colour, like money (or grass)).

Anyone know how to get the formatting to show the 'good' dark green
colour, not the bright neon green.

Just wonderin' all these years...

Eric

--