David McRitchie

Can't you simply have your program put in a CHAR(160)
variously called required blank or nonbreaking space
if the problem is that something other than a null string has to be
in the cell. HTML does not work very well with empty cells
or perhaps you want a Quark tag in the cell from your formula.

But you do not give sufficient information, finding someone who
uses Excel to input into Quark may be a bit difficult to find. So you'd
best describe exactly what you need just like we don't know Quark
and can't look over your shoulder.
..---
HTH,

"markexcel" wrote in message

David and BJ. Thanks for your answers so far and sorry for the lack of
info.
Basically I have a table that will be saved as xpress tags text and
flowed into Quark.

Some of the cells are empty and I want to create a macro that will
stick a dash into any empty cells in the table.

So far I have figured out macro's to the point where I can style
columns up and concancate them. But this is all stuff that affects the
cell or column containing the function.
I feel I now need some sort of very sophisticated search and replace
but nothing jumps out, which indicates I'm probably on the wrong track
entirely!

More pointers welcome.

Marko

--