Alan

"tafoyavision" wrote in
message
I have 3 worksheets, where on one I enter data (numbers), on the
second I would average those numbers with the exact formula
=AVERAGE('1'!F:F). Now on this worksheet there is a whole column of
these for instance the formula right below the one above is
=AVERAGE('1'!K:K), =AVERAGE('1'!P:P), etc. On the third worksheet I
would like to average this whole row but I keep getting the dreaded
#div/0! error. I first tried =AVERAGE(magic3!I4:I34) then I tried
=IF(COUNT(magic1!I4:I34)=0,"",AVERAGE(magic1!I4:I3 4))
after lurking around here for some answers but same error happens.
How can I average cells that have formulas in them and that aren't
always going to have data?

Hi,

I see you already have a reply on the mechanics of your query, but I
would just add a note that you have to be careful averaging averages -
it can be mathematically dubious.

For example:

If I have data set A:

Average(1,9) = 5