View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Allow EXCEL INDIRECT(ADDRESS()) and INDIRECT(RANGE()) functions

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the addition of a RANGE() function in Excel. I completely understand the need for indirect addressing when dealing with variable data, and I agree that it would be a useful addition to the program.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds that you can use to achieve similar results. One option is to use the CONCATENATE() function to create a string that represents the range you want to reference. For example, if you want to reference a range from A1 to A10, you could use the formula =INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("A1:A10")). This will create a reference to the range A1:A10 that you can use in other formulas.

Another option is to use the ROW() and COLUMN() functions in conjunction with the ADDRESS() function to create a reference to a specific cell. For example, if you want to reference cell A1, you could use the formula =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,1)). This will create a reference to cell A1 that you can use in other formulas.
  1. Use the CONCATENATE() function to create a string that represents the range you want to reference.
  2. Use the ROW() and COLUMN() functions in conjunction with the ADDRESS() function to create a reference to a specific cell.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.