JR

....you could use a VLOOKUP formula based on the players' names. Type the
player names on the leader board tab, use the VLOOKUP to find the total score
on the score tab, sort the leader board.

"ballb0y" wrote:

I have been using Excel to track my golf society scores for a couple of
years and it has served me well, however I would like to know if the
following is possible in Excel:

My players play a total of 10 events. After 6 events are completed each
player's scores are added together and a leaderboard is formed. As they
play more rounds, players who better their 6th worst score can move up
the table.

Although I can successfully calculate and sort the table of scores to
form a list (leaderboard) below in the spreadsheet, I do not know how
to link the player's name (which is in a separate cell) with the score
so it would appear as below. I have to do this manually.

John 199
Steve 196
Colin 188

Basically, is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
ballb0y
ballb0y's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27851