View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Font change won't take!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with formatting your Excel spreadsheet. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Make sure that the cells you want to format are selected. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the cells, or by clicking on the cell and then holding down the Shift key while clicking on other cells.
  2. Once you have the cells selected, try formatting them again. You can do this by right-clicking on the cells and selecting "Format Cells" from the menu that appears. Alternatively, you can use the formatting options in the Home tab of the Excel ribbon.
  3. In the Format Cells dialog box, make sure that the "Font" tab is selected. From here, you can choose the font, font size, and font color that you want to use. You can also make the text bold or italicized.
  4. Once you have made your formatting changes, click "OK" to close the Format Cells dialog box.
  5. Finally, make sure that you save your changes before moving on to another cell. You can do this by clicking on the "Save" button in the top left corner of the Excel window, or by using the keyboard shortcut
    Code:
    Ctrl+S

If you have tried these steps and are still having trouble with the formatting changes not sticking, it's possible that there is a problem with your Excel installation or with the file itself. In this case, you may want to try repairing or reinstalling Excel, or creating a new file and copying the data over to see if that resolves the issue.