Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default How to make dependent drop down Lists

Hi, I need to select from drop down lists that need to be interlinked and
dependent based on the choice made in the preceding list Primary List -
Coal, Gas Renewables Coal List €“ Anthracite, Bituminous, Lignite, Peat
Anthracite List - Hi-grade, Low Grade
Bituminous List €“ Low Volatile, Medium Volatile, High Volatile
Lignite €“ No sub list
Peat - No sub list
Gas List - LPG, CNG, LNG
( No other sub lists)
Renewable List €“ Solar, wind, Hydro, Tidal
Example : If I choose Coal , the next Drop Down List will show the Coal
List. From the Coal List, If I Select €śBituminous€ť then the next drop down
list will show the sublist €śLow Volatile, Medium Volatile, High Volatile.
Now if I select €śHigh Volatile€ť €“ the cell takes in the string €śHigh
Volatile€ť Any help on how to make this happen .

Thanks

See here...

https://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--