Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Trying to replace vlookup with xlookup and not using the indirect function

I have been using this for formula for awhile
=VLOOKUP($A2,INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!$a$2:$b$12"),2,FA LSE) where Sheet 1 is a
summary. In row 1 there are names which correspond to the sheets. So in B1 I
have ATT and I have a sheet named ATT. In C1 I have GIS and I have a sheet
named GIS.

On the summary sheet, in Cell a2 I have January, cell a3 February, a4 March
and so on. On sheet T and GIS I have the same information but in cell B2 I
have 50, in cell, b3 is 0, in cell b4 100.

In essence I want to be able to use xlookup so that it will look at the sheet
name (T and GIS) on the summary page and pull the info from the corresponding
sheet name (T and GIS).

Thanks in advance

Since "xlookup" isn't a built-in Excel function I assume it's a custom
user-defined function (UDF). Post the code so we can see what it does now, and
how it can be modified to do what you describe here!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc