Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Problem with Paste function in a Table in Excel 2010

On 1/28/2018 12:47 AM, GS wrote:
On 1/27/2018 3:25 PM, GS wrote:
On 1/26/2018 8:01 PM, GS wrote:

Why did you replace 2010? Makes sense to keep the old version until you
get a chance to play with the new one; then remove whichever one you
don't want to keep later!

Old machine died; went ahead and "upgraded" when replaced it...

Do you still have 2010?

Yes, altho I've not dug the CDs out and I no longer recall otomh whether
they were tied to the machine or whether I have the necessary license key
to install on this one...

You can install/activate MSO on 3 systems within your household. Replacing
a machine requires obtaining a new activation code if you've used up all 3
for a given product key.

I can get to the disk from the old machine via a drive caddy; I've not tried
whether can manage to run MSO from there or not as yet, either.

It is, of course, a 32-bit version which is one of the reasons went with the
newer.

That means you'll need to rebuild your VBA projects to work with MSO x64.

I've never had to look into the new activation code issues w/ MS; if were to
need to do so is that something that is in essence buying a new license for
the product or a way to retrieve what already had as essentially a recovery
process?

If you had a license for your MSO, activation on a new computer is a recovery
process built into Windows. You can do this online or over the phone!
Basically, it's a very straight forward process; -an 'Activation Wizard'
generates a 'private key' and the service returns a 'public key' (or viceversa)
and it's done!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!