Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Problem with Paste function in a Table in Excel 2010

On 1/28/2018 12:47 AM, GS wrote:
On 1/27/2018 3:25 PM, GS wrote:
On 1/26/2018 8:01 PM, GS wrote:

Why did you replace 2010? Makes sense to keep the old version until
you get a chance to play with the new one; then remove whichever
one you don't want to keep later!

Old machine died; went ahead and "upgraded" when replaced it...

Do you still have 2010?

Yes, altho I've not dug the CDs out and I no longer recall otomh
whether they were tied to the machine or whether I have the necessary
license key to install on this one...

You can install/activate MSO on 3 systems within your household.
Replacing a machine requires obtaining a new activation code if you've
used up all 3 for a given product key.

I can get to the disk from the old machine via a drive caddy; I've not
tried whether can manage to run MSO from there or not as yet, either.

It is, of course, a 32-bit version which is one of the reasons went with
the newer.

I've never had to look into the new activation code issues w/ MS; if
were to need to do so is that something that is in essence buying a new
license for the product or a way to retrieve what already had as
essentially a recovery process?