Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Problem with Paste function in a Table in Excel 2010

On 1/25/2018 4:29 PM, Desmond Walsh wrote:
A long performing workbook suddenly developed this strange problem. I was unable to paste into any Table cell (Table 1). The Copy function loaded a selection into the Paste buffer. Pasting functioned everywhere except within my table.

I was able to recover by copying the data from Table1 onto a scratch worksheet, converting that range into a new table. I checked to verify that the paste function worked on this new table. I then copied this new table back to a new location on Table 1's worksheet thus creating a second table on that worksheet. I checked the paste function again. It worked. But to my surprise, the paste function now also worked on Table 1 !

However, the experience has left me rattled. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has encountered this problem. I code VBA macros extensively and would like to know if I could check into the table or worksheet properties to find some clue as to what had gone wrong.

Which release/OS and are patches/updates current?

I just recently upgraded to Office 2016 and it is _much_ less stable
than old version--it's been quite easy to crash it for no apparent cause.

macro coding errors while debugging are especially good at doing the
dirty it seems I have noted. In fact, I spent the entirety of yesterday
afternoon trying to recover from a repetitive cycle of crash/restart/fix
-macro-typo/close-debug-window retriggering crash/restart/fix...

I am _not_ impressed nor pleased; I'm seriously considering seeing if
can reinstall 2010.