Conrad Carlberg

Thanks for that; pretty much what I imagined. We basically have 7 rooms
rented out day and night; some are rented to the same people; some are
different. I guess I will have to experiment with colours and merged

cells.

By all means experiment, but know that you limit what you can do with them
when you merge cells. Colors work very well for this purpose, as to heavy
borders on the left edge of the first cell in a scheduled event and the
right edge of the final cell in that event. This helps to distinguish
consecutive events.

This will extend out over six to twelve months.

Do you mean your development or the range of scheduled dates? If the latter,
I urge you to look into using, say, Access to store the data, Excel to
enter, edit and display it, and VBA to manage the connection between the
workbook and the database. For one thing, when you get, say, six months of
daily worksheets, each with several rooms scheduled over a 24 hour period,
things slow way down. I've found it much more efficient to use just one
worksheet and repopulate it from the database in response to a user's
clicked request for a different date.

--
C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005