Michael L

Default Grades

Hello,
I am an Excel newbie, and for some reason my wife has prevailed on me
to help her build a spreadsheet for her middle shool grades. Here is
the problem: She wants to calculated weighted averages, which is easy
enough (in her system, homework is 25%, quizzes 35%, and 1 test at
40%). The problem is that she wants the spreadsheet to recalculate
automatically if a test is left blank. Since there is only one test,
excel will need to re-weight the averages. So far, I have been doing
it manually for the kids who miss a test, but I want to use the IF
(ISBLANK) syntax to automate everything. Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael L