Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Converting personal.xlsb to personal.xls

Hi Garry,

Am Tue, 05 Jan 2016 11:16:55 -0500 schrieb GS:

That being said, both files
will have the same path on Walter's machine.

I guess Walter has two machines. In the answer of today he wrote that
the machine with 2007 is in the repair shop and he cannot test with
2007.
But if he has two PCs he don't need both Personal workbooks on each
machine. Then he could have Personl.xls on one and Personal.xlsb on
the other machine.
If this one macro doesn't work in one of the versions he could have
some code with objects that have changed.

Regards
Claus B.

The problem I see here is having 2 files open at the same time where
the result trying to use macros could very well raise the "Ambiguous
name" exception. This is why I use xls for all versions. No problem
with version file formats to revise/save in the VBE IDE.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc