Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Converting personal.xlsb to personal.xls

I have 2 machines, running Excel 2003 and 2007.
I mistakenly trashed the Excel 2003 personal.xls.
The Excel 2007 machine has a personal.xlsb.
How do I convert personal.xlsb to personal.xls?

If I open personal.xlsb in Excel 2003, it is converted, but mangled.
2003 VBE (Visual Basic Environment?) does not have a Save As menu
item.

FWIW
Adding to Claus' reply...

I continued using my PERSONAL.XLS in xl2007 from my XLSTART folder,
where it's always been. This continues again with xl2010. So on this
Win7 Pro machine I have versions 11,12,14 all using the same
PERSONAL.XLS from the same location.

On my WinXP Pro machine I have versions 8,9,10,11,12 all using the same
PERSONAL.XLS. This is the file I copied to my Win7 Pro XLSTART folder
when I put xl2003 on there.

I repeated the process on my Win8.1 notebook for xl2003/2010 and this
is working well.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!