Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected][_2_] bart.smissaert@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default multiline inputbox

Ignore all this, figured it out.

RBS

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 15:21:21 UTC, wrote:
This shows (all in a normal VBA module) shows that there is nil
wrong with the coding as such:

Sub test()

TestObject Excel.Application

End Sub

Sub TestObject(oXL As Object)

MsgBox oXL.Name

End Sub

Very strange one this!
Maybe should restart the computer.

RBS

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 14:48:15 UTC, wrote:
Yes, VB6 very useful for various reasons.
Come across a problem now that really puzzels me:
In the ActiveX dll I have a routine like this:

Public Sub LoadSQLEditor(oXL As Object, lXLHwnd As Long, sDB As String, lDBHdl As Long)

The code in this routine doesn't matter as it is calling this that is the problem.
In Excel in a standard module in a Sub I have this:

LoadSQLEditor Excel.Application, lExcelHwnd, strDB, lDBHandle

Now when doing this I am getting the error:
Object required.
I am sure I did the same before with no problem and no idea what the trouble is here.
Any ideas?

RBS

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 11:47:26 UTC, GS wrote:
Have made this now in VB6 and all working fine, without customized
control and without any registry fix.

That's great! It's little nuances like this that prompted me to replace
my Excel addins with stand-alone VB6 apps. (Not to mention the number
of clients moving away from M$ Office to Libre Office, which I have no
desire to develop for!)

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!