Dave Peterson

If you open excel and see that toolbar, try going into the VBE (alt-f11).

Hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer

Any workbook open that you didn't expect?

If yes, one way to find that workbook is:
hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
type this and hit enter:
?workbooks("workbooknamehere.xla").fullname
(and it could be .xls, too.)

Then you could decide if you really want this file opened. If you don't want it
open, then just move it to a different location (or delete it).

If that didn't work, maybe your toolbar file is not getting updated.

close excel
then windows start button|search
Search for all *.xlb files (in hidden folders, too)
Rename all the *.xlb files to *.xlbOLD

Start excel and see if it worked.

If it did, delete those *.xlbOLD files and rebuild any changes you've made.

If it didn't work, just rename them back (no harm, no foul).

alainr wrote:

I have a toolbar that keeps reappearing even if I "Delete" it from the
Toolbar Customization dialog box. I have no template open, my XLStart
directory is empty, I have no addins attached, there is absolutely no macro
in any module or worksheet... and yet, this toolbar keeps appearing. Where
is it comming from? I think it was from some kind of addin that I tried in
the past.

--

Dave Peterson