Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Is multiple IF statements what I'm looking for?

"Synapses" wrote:
I have numbers in the columns and want to say if columns 1 and 3 match
and columns 2 and 4 match, then the fifth column should have YES, but if
columns 1 and 3 match and column 4 is greater than or less than column
2, then the answer should be MAYBE. Hopefully this makes sense!

Not entirely. What do you want if neither condition applies? And do mean
"__corresponding__ rows in columns 1 and 3 match" -- that is, individual
cells in each column? Or do you mean "__entire__ columns 1 and 3 match"?

Perhaps the following meets you needs. Replace "NO" as you wish.

=IF(A1<C1,"NO",IF(B1=D1,"YES","MAYBE"))

Note: If B1 does not equal D1, than D1 is greater than or less than B1 by
definition.