Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Copeland Mike Copeland is offline

Default Blank Sheet with Gridlines

In article , says...
In article ,
says...
Ok.., I thought you were trying to simulate gridlines in a designed
form layout! My bad!!

I suspect you have not defined your Print_Area, and so no gridlines
show in PrintPreview (with Gridlines checked in the Sheet tab of
PageSetup). In order to print default gridlines you must have a
defied Print_Area!

Well, I have it working. Not sure it's "legal", but I (1) clicked
Gridlines and (2) placed a blank in each Column A cell down the page.
This "kludge" produced what I needed.
Thanks to all who offered help. 8<}}

Well that's not a good idea because those cells now contain false
values! If you simply set your Print_Area all will work as expected...

Understood. However, the purpose was only to produce a form to be
used for manual data entry, so there's no risk of the worksheet being
used within Excel. (I thought the whole project was going to be easier
than in, say, Word - not sure it was...8<}}

---