_Adrian _Adrian is offline
Junior Member

Default TEXT "ddd" giving #N/A on some machines

Hi,

My first post here, hope someone can help.

I have created an Excel 2010 spreadsheet that is to be used in various European countries (I'm in the UK). One of the pilot testers in Austria (but otherwise using a UK laptop with UK settings) is experiencing the following issue whereas all other testers under similar conditions report no fault. I can't explain it...

I have a calculated date based on an input year: A1=DATE(Current_Year,1,1)
Adjacent to this I have B1=TEXT(A1,"ddd") in order to display Mon or Tue or Wed etc

This works fine in the version I've sent and recalculates fine. However, change the Current_Year and the result of the TEXT function becomes ddd (and not Mon etc)!

Can anyone explain why, and better still, how to fix this!?

Thanks,

Adrian