kellyluise kellyluise is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVeryOwnSelf[_3_] View Post
I am using a formula for a conditional format, but when I copy it done
to other rows using format painter the formula does not change.

The formula is =AND(A10<"Paid",C10<"",C10<today())

I am trying to highlight dates which have past and are unpaid.

For me (with Excel 2010) CF and format painter work the way you expect it to.

I put the CF in C10 and painted it onto C1:C37.

Sure, when looking at the formula using
Home Styles Condtional formatting
the formula doesn't change on the screen, but since it applies to $C$1:$C$37 and the formula includes a relative row numbers A10 & C10 (without $), the effect does propagate the way you want.

I don't understand why you get different results. Maybe there are extra spaces or something in the "Paid" cells.
Thanks I'll give it a go at work tomorrow. I hve always copied cf's with painter before and it has worked.
I think because I was randomly checking the cf in different cells I was confused as to why the formula hadn't changed. On previous cf's I have done the formula has moved to take into account the row/cell I am viewing it from.
Perhaps it is me overthinking it! Thanks for your help.