Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Qtip Qtip is offline

Default Excel Copy & Paste Issue ??

Thanks.

On Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:16:47 PM UTC-4, GS wrote:
I appreciate your reply. You are correct - "paste values" does not

work. It isn't because they data goes into one cell. In fact, the

data is fine - the issue is the color doesn't carry over.

Past Values does exactly that! It does not paste formating/formulas. So

if it pastes the data fine then it does indeed work because that's all

it's supposed to paste!

As for your suggestion... sorry - you lost me completely.

Using Paste Values lets you design the target sheet with your desired

formatting. Since Paste Values only pastes values, your target sheet

will remain however formatted after the values get pasted. IOW, design

the color into your target sheet.<g

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!