Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Pivot Table Management

Alice21 submitted this idea :
'GS[_2_ Wrote:
;1609981']
The 1st choice for me would be to store the data in an encrypted
text file that I generate every month. This can be stored on a
network share

to be accessed by your VBA project on 'user login'. Your VBA project
will only be able to decrypt the data file if it has the encryption
key

somewhere. Simple thing to do, really. Also very easy to maintain
since

you won't need to distribute a new Excel file every month. (Give
everyone an addin that creates menus for your processing)

Hi
Can you explain this encrypted method in more detail please?
The only issue i have is not all users have access to a shared
network hence why I have to e-mail the data out.

The 1st thing you'll need to do is create the addin that you'll
distribute to everyone. You could upload this (and the monthly data
file) to your website (or one of the free websites) where users can
download as required.

There are several encryption methods you could use, but I suggest going
with a methodology that implements a private key for simplicity because
you won't have to distribute a public key to anyone.

This is easily doable but it would help if you provide more info about
the task and how it should work. Also, do you want to add your own menu
to the Excel Menubar, or use a custom toolbar? (These will appear on
the 'Addins' tab in versions = XL2007).

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!