Chris Paris Chris Paris is offline
Junior Member

I came here for the same request as the OP, and it's interesting to see so many answers not address the original question.

Maybe I can make it clearer -- at least for my case, anyway.

I am looking to EXPORT the conditional formatting rules... not cut and paste and apply them to a new sheet. That's easy. In fact, I wouldn't mind exporting them to a TEXT file. From there, I can apply them to a new sheet as I like (cutting and pasting the rules from the text file to the new sheet's CF rules dialog).

The new sheet is completely different from the original, with different column layout, so a "paste format" doesn't work; it breaks the new sheet. I need to manually put all the CF formulas into the new sheet. Since there are a lot of them (I've got about 30 or so), exporting the rules would save time, rather than having to type up new ones by hand.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking it's not possible with a VB script solution, which I'd rather avoid.