Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Importing multiple text files and getting certain figures.

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:52:46 +0000, X82 wrote:

The linked rtf files are only so I could append red marks for
illustration purposes only. All 500 files are .txt files.

How do you mean logic also?

Although I cannot be certain, there need to be some rules (logic) to follow so as to know which values to be extracted from each of the files. Other than being colored red (which you indicate is only for illustrative purposes, so won't occur in the original .txt file), there does not seem to be anyway to determine why you want the following values extracted from each of the files.

file 1: 4.5
file2: 1.3 6.0
file3: 5.5
file4: 5.7 5.0 3.9