X82 X82 is offline
Junior Member

Default Importing multiple text files and getting certain figures.

Hi guys.

I will try to explain this situation best I can.
I have about 500 .txt files. Here is a link to example files, 4 in total.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B0...ZKMWlSUGs/edit

The red parts of the files are the figure I need importing into excel. So there is about 500 txt files with 4 different variations of the file.

I also would like to import the filename of the txt file in a column. So column A would read, AMAB3.txt and column B would be the figure pulled from the txt file, say 1.9 or 5.6 etc. In a long list.

I'm sorry if I've explained this terribly and I will try to clear up any issues. All help on this matter is appreciated.