Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default Detect outgoing (POP3) server

"Michael Lanier" wrote:
The reason I need the SMTP is to send a CDO via email.

As I suspected. Then it is not necessary to put the SMTP server name in a
cell, is it?

I am not familiar with using CDO to send email using VBA. But be sure to
study the examples in the following webpage:

http://www.paulsadowski.com/wsh/cdo.htm

Off-hand, it appears that you might not need to to know the SMTP server
name. However, it is unclear to me how Excel knows what SMTP server to use
otherwise. Perhaps Paul's code is relying on the Outgoing Email server to
be confirgured for IE, Outlook and/or Outlook Express or the Win7
equivalent.

Also see http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm, although it seems less complete.