Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Summers View Post
Good day,

I am hoping someone can teach me how to make it so that I can make a conditional formatting formula that will check columns D and E to see if D2 and E2 both say completed make green, If one says Required and one says completed make yellow and if both are required make red. Leave anything blank without a colour.

I tried to research it, but could only find comparing numbers, which isn't the case.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jade,

This can be done without too much hassle. Which version of Excel are you using?

Also, when you say "one says required and one says completed", could EITHER of them say "required" or would that be a possible value in only one of the columns? I don't mean only one at a time so either or, I mean only one column could EVER say "required".

Hope that makes sense.... :)