Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Flanagan[_4_] Bob Flanagan[_4_] is offline

Default Extracting a Part of a Formula as Text

One way to do without VBA is to first do an edit, replace, and replace
all equal signs in your range with "zz=". This makes the formulas
text, then you can use the Right() function to return characters.
=Right(a1,2). Then copy, paste special the Right() formulas to make
them values. Lastly, Change all "zz=" back to just "=". The search
and replace needs to look at formulas vs values.

VBA is easier :))

Robert Flanagan
Add-ins.com LLC
http://www.add-ins.com

On Jun 6, 11:20*pm, Gord Dibben wrote:
You're right.........I missed your request.

See Claus's reply.

Gord

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:33:18 -0700 (PDT), cardan

wrote:
On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:39:31 PM UTC-7, Gord Dibben wrote:
=RIGHT(A1,2) *entered in Sheet2 A2

Or if you want, dispense with A1 formula and enter just

=RIGHT(Sheet1!B2,2)

Gord

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:23:39 -0700 (PDT), cardan
wrote:

Hello, I have what I think may be an easy question. I am trying to extract part of the formula into a new cell.

In Cell A1 in Sheet2, the formula is =Sheet1!B2. In Cell A2,Sheet2, I need a formula that will return the last 2 characters in the formula "B2".

Is this possible without VBA? *Any help would be greatly appreciated. *Thank You.

Hi Gord, Thank you for the reply. *Your formula returns the value in the cell. I am looking for it to return the last 2 characters in the formula.. RIGHT, LEFT, MID, FIND, deal with texts within the cell value(output). I need it to look at the "text" of the formula.

wrote:

Hello, I have what I think may be an easy question. I am trying to extract part of the formula into a new cell.

In Cell A1 in Sheet2, the formula is =Sheet1!B2. In Cell A2,Sheet2, I need a formula that will return the last 2 characters in the formula "B2".

Is this possible without VBA? *Any help would be greatly appreciated. *Thank You.- Hide quoted text -