Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cardan cardan is offline

Default Extracting a Part of a Formula as Text

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:39:31 PM UTC-7, Gord Dibben wrote:
=RIGHT(A1,2) entered in Sheet2 A2

Or if you want, dispense with A1 formula and enter just

=RIGHT(Sheet1!B2,2)

Gord

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:23:39 -0700 (PDT), cardan
wrote:

Hello, I have what I think may be an easy question. I am trying to extract part of the formula into a new cell.

In Cell A1 in Sheet2, the formula is =Sheet1!B2. In Cell A2,Sheet2, I need a formula that will return the last 2 characters in the formula "B2".

Is this possible without VBA? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Hi Gord, Thank you for the reply. Your formula returns the value in the cell. I am looking for it to return the last 2 characters in the formula. RIGHT, LEFT, MID, FIND, deal with texts within the cell value(output). I need it to look at the "text" of the formula.