Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Extracting a Part of a Formula as Text

=RIGHT(A1,2) entered in Sheet2 A2

Or if you want, dispense with A1 formula and enter just

=RIGHT(Sheet1!B2,2)

Gord

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:23:39 -0700 (PDT), cardan
wrote:

Hello, I have what I think may be an easy question. I am trying to extract part of the formula into a new cell.

In Cell A1 in Sheet2, the formula is =Sheet1!B2. In Cell A2,Sheet2, I need a formula that will return the last 2 characters in the formula "B2".

Is this possible without VBA? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.