Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Custom function for vlookup

On Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:13:05 AM UTC-5, Madiya wrote:
I have a master file which I regularly use to get data by way of vlookup.
Each time I use vlookup, i have to open the master file and type the formula.

Is there a short way to get the data without typing full vlookup formula?

I thought one option as custom function.
Is there any other option?
I am doing it may be 80-90times a day, so a shortcut will save lots of time.

Pl guide.

Regards,
Madiya

A bit more detail would be helpful. If the formlula is in the master file and is looking up in a slave file then wouldn't the master file be open??? You may send your file with a slave to dguillett1 @gmail.com if desired.