Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Entering email addresses

If many of these you may want to use a macro to change to plain text.

Sub DeleteHyperlinks()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues))
With ActiveSheet
.Hyperlinks.Delete
End With
Next Cell
End Sub

Gord

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 01:58:04 +0000, Estam
wrote:

I not quite sure where this question belongs but if anyone could help,
would be appreciated. I have just taken over a list belonging to a club
and am using Office 2000. There is a column that contains email
addresses, clicking on any of the addresses allows me to edit but if I
try to add an address first thing is that it changes font and color.

When I click on a new addition to edit outlook boots. I select the
column and I am unable to figure out how to remove this link feature and
leave it as plain text. Any help please, many thanks.