Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estam View Post
I not quite sure where this question belongs but if anyone could help, would be appreciated. I have just taken over a list belonging to a club and am using Office 2000. There is a column that contains email addresses, clicking on any of the addresses allows me to edit but if I try to add an address first thing is that it changes font and color.

When I click on a new addition to edit outlook boots. I select the column and I am unable to figure out how to remove this link feature and leave it as plain text. Any help please, many thanks.
Hi,

If you right click on the cell and select "Remove Hyperlink" the email address will just become text that you can edit.

There is an option to turn this function off but I'm not sure where it is in your version of Excel. Try looking for setting options for "Auto Complete" and you'll be able to switch it off here.

Hope that's of help.

S.