Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vacuum Sealed Vacuum Sealed is offline

Default Filter ZIP codes into ranges

On 28/01/2012 12:27 PM, mscir wrote:
On 1/27/2012 5:05 AM, Vacuum Sealed wrote:
On 27/01/2012 4:53 AM, ronsmail wrote:
I am working on a project to take a list of ZIP codes (29,133 rows) and
sort it by territory, then find all ZIPs in that territory that are in
sequential order and make a ZIP range from the 2 extremes in the
sequential group.
The logic behind what I want to do goes like this:
Sort by Region code, then by Zone #, then by ZIP code. Find all groups
of ZIP codes sequentially ordered and append the first ZIP in the group
to column X and the last ZIP in the group to Column Y.

Hi Ron

Try this link for Debra Dalgliesh
It provides the steps for setting up a dependent data validation list
which may help with what you are looking for.
HTH
Mick.

That looks a lot more straight-forward, not to mention easier, than what
I proposed.

Mike

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

Happy to help.