Bernie Deitrick

Matthew,

Use this when you have selected A10:F10, then copy down as far as needed:

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=$E10= "Completed"

Set your shading as desired.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"MatthewTap" wrote in message
I have looked through a number of the c.f. posts, and have seen one similar
to what I need from December of 2004 [I'll post below], but it's not quite
what I'm looking for].

I have a status column [E] that has approximately five different phrases
that can go in them. One of them is:
Completed

And when that happens, I'd like the row it is in [but just the ones that
I'm
working with, which are A through F, to be shaded.

Now, from the post below I have seen how it can be done for one particular
row at a time, but I really need to be able to do the whole thing at once,
so
that if I set E498 then A498:F498 will be shaded.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Any thoughts / help would be greatly appreciated...

FROM DECEMBER 2004
The Question:
I want to format a row based on the value of another cell. eg If cell N10

25 then fill (hi-light) row 10 (or A10:N10) with red colour.

THE RESPONSE:

Select A10:N10 or the entire row 10 if desired.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=$N1025

Note the $ sign must be entered to make Column N absolute.

Pick a suitable red color from the FormatPatterns chart and OK your way
out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP