Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_5_] GS[_5_] is offline

Default create a spreadsheet from another app

After serious thinking Lynn McGuire wrote :
What application are you using? If it's VB or one of the M$.Net apps then
it likely has what you need for automation via a CreateObject() type of
function. Once created and an object ref established, you can send VB[A}
commands to manipulate the Excel instance however required by your app.
This can happen whether Excel is visible or not, not visible being the
default state of an automated instance.

Our app is written in C++. No VB or MS.Net code.

So I need to look into Excel Automation coding via OLE/COM ?

Thanks,
Lynn

You're welcome!
I think COM is where you want to be!<IMO

--
Garry