Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Domenick Domenick is offline

Default Open Save & Close Macro

I have a workbook (Using Excel 2007 but file is saved in 2003 format) that a
bunch of other workbooks are linked to. Since this file is also linked to
other files, I need to make sure this one is up to date every morning. So
right now I open it, save it and close it each day. What is the easiest way
to automate this process? Is there a way to write the VBA and then save it in
a form that can be executed from XP's "Scheduled Tasks?" Or, do I need to
make a .bat file (and if so, what is the correct syntax).

I know it only takes me a few minutes to do this manually (takes a while for
all of the links to update), but every little bit of extra time is useful.
Thanks for the help.